Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Skin care routine? Um yeah, every few months" :P

So after going to the book-signing, I decided that since I was out, I should look for a facial exfoliator, coz my skin is looking really bleh. I remember having heard good things about Dermalogica before, so I thought I'd check out their products. Unfortunately, the assistant there was new to the products and wasn't very confident when I told her that my skin is rather sensitive. So instead of waiting for another person to arrive to do what she called 'facial mapping', I decided to stick with the brand of the 3-step I have at home, which haven't given me any allergic reactions - Shiseido.

I am a total sucker for add-on sales. I know that's what they're trying to do, since I've been in retail before, but I still allow myself to get talked into buying stuff anyway. I think part of me just feels bad if I don't buy a product after the sales person has given so much information about it. So somehow, I ended up leaving the counter $190 poorer.

Tonight I tried out my now-5-step skin routine. I was told the use of the Bio-Performance exfoliating pad would see instant improvement. Alas, I felt like I was just wiping my face with a wet cotton makeup pad: no difference. A little red, if anything. Hopefully by the end of the 8 week treatment course, I will actually see results. The Skincare Moisture Recharge eye cream hasn't caused any reaction thus far; time will tell if it's doing anything.

What skincare products do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment