Sunday, October 10, 2010

My WIP


I finished knitting the back of the cardy night before last, and am now working on one of the front pieces (pictured). I'm not sure I like the yellow in the colour mix, and would've liked more pink. I guess it doesn't look too bad. I'm actually a bit concerned about the size of the garment, because the bodice part of the back piece looks rather narrow... I chose to knit the smallest size, because I'm usually an XS, but looking at the actual measurements listed for the size now, I'm not sure it will be big enough for a comfortable fit, especially if I wear something underneath..... oh well, I've gone too far to go back now. Fingers crossed that it will stretch to fit.

hmm I wonder if I should start a Spring/Summer knit now, since I probably won't get any use out of this cardy until next Autumn :P It's going to get sooo much hotter by the time I finish knitting it. See, I told you I get easily distracted. What should I do???

I'm really excited that I'll be seeing Bill Granger for the first time in person tomorrow :D I have already accepted the fact that there is no way I can carry ALL my copies of his books to the book signing, but I still haven't quite figured out which ones I should take along. It seems like such a shame to not get them all autographed when I have this opportunity, which doesn't always come. Maybe I should take the newest book and one of my older favourites? Sigh. What a dilemma.

Maybe I should just get back to my knitting - busy hands keep the mind from idle thoughts; that's why girls back in the day were made to do needlework and knitting in their spare time, right? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment