Monday, October 11, 2010

Bill's Basics

I went to a Bill Granger instore book signing today, and got his latest cookbook, Bill's Basics, autographed. I love how he writes a message in the books he signs as well :) He is such a smiley, friendly and down-to-earth guy - on top of being tall and handsome, of course! I think I was in so much awe in his presence (always happens when I'm meeting a celeb) that I couldn't think of much to say. Only when I left the place did I come up with questions I would have liked to ask, for eg., "What's your favourite recipe out of all your books?" and "When are you going to open a Bills in this city?".

I am encouraged by his message to work through every recipe in this book, as well as his other ones. I've already picked out his scones recipe from the latest book to make for breakfast tomorrow morning. Or would scones with strawberry preserve and double thick cream be too indulgent for breakfast? Perhaps I should save it for afternoon tea? hmm I guess I'll have to wake up early tomorrow morning to decide!


No comments:

Post a Comment