Thursday, October 14, 2010

More cookbook signings

MasterChef Australia's judges, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris, released a cookbook together this year, called Your Place or Mine?. I went to their book signing today and met the chefs themselves! Gary is definitely my favourite of the two :) The queue was crazy long. It wasn't that bad when I went to Bill's the other day; but then again, that day, it was raining really hard. And I guess media exposure, especially one involving a nationally popular TV show, with ratings going through the roof, does make you more well-known. For me though, Bill, Nigella, and Jamie O will always be at the top of my list of favourites.


I haven't attempted any of the recipes in this book yet, but I've flipped through it, and there are quite a few scrumptious looking dishes that I'd definitely like to try out!


I'll be going to Gary's restaurant, Fenix, to have lunch in several weeks' time, so I'm really looking forward to that! I still haven't decided whether or not I should book to eat at Jamie's Fifteen. While I love Jamie's work, I just can't get out of my head that episode of his TV show, where one of the training cooks at his London Fifteen restaurant dropped a meat pattie, or meat of some sort, on the floor, and picked it back up again to use. I've heard about things like that happening in fast food places, but for the price you pay at a restaurant like Fifteen, you don't really want to have that image at the back of your mind while eating. hmmm To go or not to go; that is the question.



No comments:

Post a Comment