Thursday, July 29, 2010

Indulging too much in my hobby? Maybe.

Project: Slouchy Hat
Yarn: Evoke Blue-faced Leicester 10ply/Lightweight aran in Rosa
Pattern Source: Bernat

I literally just finished knitting a matching beanie for my scarflet, using a Bernat pattern. I really like the pattern created by the cabling. It's probably one of the coolest looking beanie designs I've come across that use straight needles; unfortunately, most probably because I didn't use the specified yarn, the beanie actually turned out a bit smaller than average... :'( I guess I'll just have to give it to someone else.
Also on my needles at the mo, is another Anthro-inspired scarflet for my mum. This time, I'm knitting it in Katia Dulce in brown (col 11). I tried to post a pic up, but for some reason I'm only able to add photos to the top of the post. Weird.
I ordered Knitting Little Luxuries by Louisa Harding the other day, so hopefully I will get it next week! There is a problem though - I've tried looking through so many online yarn shops for Louisa Harding's line of yarns, but very few stock them, and those that do don't stock a large range. I still haven't been able to find a reputable online store that sells Kimono Angora, which is what I need to knit the Juliet scarf in the book I ordered. Her Spring/Summer pattern book, Belle, is also on my wishlist, but because of the yarn sourcing problem, I might have to give it a miss.



2 comments:

  1. The hat is lovely,beautiful work ! I wish I could make everything she has ever designed,lol.
    Knitting Little Luxuries is on my wish list too. The list never stops growing tho',lol !
    Best,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elise!

    Thanks for posting! The hat is not actually a Louisa Harding pattern; you can download it, free of charge, from www.bernat.com :) They sell their own yarn to make the patterns on the site as well. I knitted this again using Patons Inca (a 12 ply yarn), and the fit was much better!

    ReplyDelete