Monday, July 26, 2010

Another completed project!


Project: Anthro-inspired Scarflet
Yarn: Evoke Blue-Faced Leicester 10ply/lightweight aran in Rosa
Pattern source: Kim Seio (Ravelry)

I just finished knitting up the Anthro-inspired scarflet by Kim Seio. Isn't it so cute? I added an oversized flower-shaped, coconut-shell-textured button to it too, which I think adds to the cute factor. I actually quite like the pattern on the reverse side better than the front, and wouldn't mind wearing it as the right side. The edges are curled though, which is a problem. I have read on some other knitters' blogs that they block this scarf... I've never blocked anything before (well, none of my previous projects required blocking), so maybe I should skip this. It wasn't in the pattern anyway. (I wonder if I can just squish it between 2 books or something for a while :P)

I should probably mention that the BFL yarn I used ended up to be pretty nice to work with, and knitted up into quite a soft fabric, which feels nice against the skin. The colour - gentle pink and brown hues - is quite pretty also. It's going into my list of favourite colourways for sure. Oh, and you can see my first attempt at a centre pull ball in the picture as well :) It sure does it's job well, so thanks to whoever came up with this ball-winding method.

No comments:

Post a Comment