Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday musings

I'm knitting an AIS in ruby red Patons Zhivago right now. When I'm in need of an 'anything' yarn - a random yarn that I pick to try out a pattern - I almost always turn to Zhivago. I really like how it's so soft and the tencel in it gives it a nice lustre. I do feel though that because of it's squishiness, my tension sometimes goes a bit funny. Looking at what I've knitted so far, the stitches don't look very even. hmm am I just not controlling the tension well enough? I do use the wrap-around-pinky technique to help control tension. Where am I going wrong? Instead of undoing the whole thing and knitting it up again (which I have done, let's see, at least twice now :( ) I'm just going to leave it and try to turn a blind eye to it. What else can I do? I started knitting my leg warmers as well this morning, but I've put that to the side, because I got bored knitting double rib, and looking at my uneven stitches magnified, as the yarn is quite a chunky one. I'll post pics up of this problem of mine, when I get a chance. When will things go my way?

I'd really like to learn how to knit with circular needles and dpns, since most patterns for jumpers and socks use these needles. I've bought both types of needles in a few different sizes already, but fear of the unknown holds me back. Since a few of the patterns in my Bergere de France Origin pattern book only requires straight needles though, I will stick with the familiar straight needles until Spring comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment