Sunday, April 13, 2014

It's beanie-knitting time again!

I finished my latest knitting project this Tuesday just past (pictures to come soon!), which means I am now free to start this year's batch of preemie beanies! I ordered more yarn from Deramores to top up my baby yarn stash recently, and received my parcel of goodies yesterday. Now I have a lot more pastel colours to work with, which is quite exciting. 



I've used Sirdar Snuggly DK before, which I remember quite liking, so I ordered a few balls in that brand. I want to try knitting with different brands too, so that I can compare them and eventually find a favourite go-to baby yarn, so I also bought a ball of the Rico Baby So Soft DK and a few Jenny Watson Babysoft DK. On my needles at the moment is Deramores Baby DK, which is quite nice to work with.

In other news, I've finally finished my last sub-level of B1 (CEFRL) in French this term, which means I am technically at B2 level now - not that I truly believe my listening and speaking skills are solidly intermediate in standard! Whenever anyone asks me, I always say that I am only an advanced beginner, to avoid any potential awkward conversation, with my half-baked French, that might ensue. I am planning to travel to France this year though, so I really should put more effort into improving where I fall short in. My aim, therefore, for next term, is to muster up my courage - and thicken my skin - to converse more in French, without concerning myself too much with the fact that I will probably be making a kazillion grammatical errors.

Sleep calls!

Sweet yarn dreams x











No comments:

Post a Comment