Thursday, August 23, 2012

Knitting into the Spring

I recently started working on my Knot-Sleeve top again, after finishing the band of a beanie I am knitting my sister. I am finally past the bottom border and onto the waist shaping *phew*! There's so many projects on hold at the moment, because they're waiting to be blocked. Besides the beanie, there's the cross-over stays from the Jane Austen Knits magazine, which is otherwise almost all done! I guess it will be ready for Spring/Summer....
 
The problem is that I have limited room in my house, and there is no single room with a big, clean, uncluttered table, on which I could block my work. On top of that, I have a shortage of towels - there is literally just enough available at a time for use in the bathroom; hence, I will need to buy more white towels just for blocking. For smaller items, I've actually been using my ironing board, covered in plastic bags; ridiculous! I saw on the Coco Knits website what the creator calls the 'Knitter's Block Kit', which looks like just the thing to solve my problems (except for the space problem). However, shipping to Australia from the US for these costs almost as much as the product itself, and will altogether set me back almost $100, just for the small kit of 9 tiles! I think I'll just buy some cheap towels, thank-you very much. For those of you living in the US, and won't have to pay an arm and a leg for delivery, you might be interested in this nifty product: http://store.cocoknits.com/categories/products/knitter%E2%80%99s-block/.
 
I also forgot to post a picture of my completed charity beanies for premmies/sick babies at one of the local hospitals, which I finished a month or so ago. Here you go:
 

I was a bit less creative with the designs this time, because I wanted the beanies to mainly go to the babies in the neonatal ward this time, as opposed to in the hospital foundation's shop. A friend of mine is expecting a baby girl in September, so I can put my creative cap on then!

No comments:

Post a Comment