Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sick days = more knitting days

So I've been sick since last Thursday, and the fact that I've been sick in bed/moping around the house for the past few days means that I've been able to get more knitting done (not that I'm glad to be sick or anything, but it's nice to know that I can still be doing something productive/fun when I'm too sick to do much else). It's good to be able to catch up with my knitting, as I've had done a few errors here and there at the start with the hem, which sort of put me off a bit. Of course, I promised myself to aim to reduce WIPs and UFOs, so perseverence is the key. Anyway, I took a few pics, so you can see what I mean:

Back Hem Take 1:

Spotted an error (dropped stitch or incorrectly corrected dropped stitch - a ghastly huge loop that stuck out like a sore thumb, either way) while I was knitting the st st section above the ladder stitch lace panel. Tried to create a "life line" and rip back, but didn't quite work out, and the yarn was all twisty and knotty when I was unravelling, so I ended up having the use my sewing scissors to cut the knitted fabric, which took ages to do (mainly because I've been watching dramas while knitting), to remove all the yarn until I got back to just the hem bit :( I think I wasted at least 1 ball of yarn, which is worrying for me right now.

Take 2: I focused this time, without watching dramas, and made sure I kept my wits about me.









...et voila! Parfait!

I've almost finished knitting the full back of the dress now *phew!*. This is where I'm at:


I shall continue this tomorrow, after I see the doctor, and hopefully get this baby finished soon!





Good thing before my cough and overall health got really bad, I attended Bill Granger's instore book signing for his latest release, Bill's Everyday Asian last week. Lugged 2 books from my Bill collection with me to get signed too! I would have liked to take my whole collection along to get signed, but the books (8 altogether, excl. newest) are wayyyyy too heavy for my one man band. Oh well, I'll eventually get it all signed, a few books at a time!







As always, Bill was very chatty and lovely, and this time round, I actually got over my nerves and started a foodie conversation with him :) It's so nice to be able to exchange opinions on things with one of your fave cookbook writers, and to get cooking ideas from him, that aren't from the books. Got a pic with him too, which was great :)







I eat Asian food often enough, but I don't dabble in Asian cooking much myself; however, I will definitely dip my toe in, just to try out Bill's interpretation of various Asian cuisines :)

No comments:

Post a Comment